Blog Archive

Monday, September 9, 2024

Max Heart and Heartcatch Pretty Cure available in bluray:

The long awaited bluray-ization of the entire Precure series has finally arrived.  It only took 20 years but it's done.  Thanks to Dmonhiro who has finally finished the job, Max Heart is out in bluray, not streaming, 1080p, and with a 17.4 gb size instead of the previous 65 gb.  On the other hand, the Heartcatch bluray series is 88 gb, but a necessary sacrifice considering the previous version was only 720p and straight from the television stream, which meant it was full of junk ads and banners obscuring the art.  Also Heartcatch has gorgeous transformation animations and the 720p release simply couldn't keep up with their speed of motion, creating a sort of grainy, blurry view.  The much larger filesize of the bluray version is definitely worth it.

Combined the filesize of owning both series in bluray basically doesn't change, so you can upgrade both series and lose nothing.

For some reason I hadn't noticed that Heartcatch was available in bluray until now, despite it supposedly being available since 2019.  Very weird.  I wish I'd known earlier, before I was on episode 38 of my Heartcatch rewatch, but better late than never.  At least I can watch the climactic conclusion of Heartcatch in its most beautiful and true form.

Since I haven't even started rewatching Max Heart yet, my rewatch will get to enjoy bluray visuals from beginning to end.  That I'm really looking forward to.

I'll finish my Onigashima rewatch soon and then it will be back to bluray Precure.

The latest episode of Fairy Tail explains fully why Levy is one of my 100 waifus, as if it weren't already clear.

Russia has taken Novogrodivka for sure and Vodiana almost for sure now.  A bit of the fog of war has cleared.  It's still unclear what happened in Grodivka and Selydove.  After this much time with no sure news it's obvious Ukraine did something to slow down Russia's advance, but it's still not clear whether what Ukraine did is enough to reverse Russia's gains or just slow them down.  If all Ukraine is doing is slowing Russia down nothing really changes except the official end date of the war.

No comments: