Blog Archive

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Shiro Sagisu +4:

Did you know the famous composer of Evangelion's soundtrack also composed the soundtrack to Bleach?  I didn't realize that until now, I just knew I liked both soundtracks.  Bleach's soundtrack is very suited to Bleach, it creates the perfect atmosphere, but I wouldn't say the music standalone is the best ever.  It's a little too simple and repetitive when listening to it without video accompaniment.  This is why I've never used Bleach background songs in my music hall of fame despite having Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Pretty Cure background songs.  But all that changes today.

I needed 4 new songs to replace the four 1-star songs in my music hall of fame I had deigned no longer tenable months ago, so I went through the entire Bleach soundtrack and chose the four best songs out of 4 cd's worth of music.  They aren't the most amazing songs, but all they had to do was be better than nothing, which in this case they proved to be.  I rated all four of them 1-star and eliminated the last bad songs in my hall of fame.  The 4 Bleach background songs that saved the day are titled 'torn apart,' 'soundscape to ardor,' 'destiny awaits' and 'battle ignition.'

Now my music hall of fame is perfect.  I have exactly 5500 songs, all broken out into 5 perfectly balanced tiers of 1-star to 5-star ratings, and all the songs have proven they belong exactly where they're rated.  All the details as usual can be found on my 'good music' permapost.

This is probably the last time my 'good music' permapost will be so pretty and balanced.  If there's ever a new good song, I won't have the luxury of merging old short songs together or deleting old inadequate songs anymore, so my beautiful even number of 5500 and balanced numbers of 1100 will disappear.  But the music hall of fame wasn't ever intended to be exactly 5500 and was actually larger at the start.  It just somehow turned out that way.  So if there really are more than 5500 great songs in the world I'm fine with expanding this number and rating the new songs where they deserve to be rated, balance be damned.  All good things are fleeting, so this perfect music list should be enjoyed while it lasts.

No comments: