Blog Archive

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Spice & Wolf (2024) anime will adapt previously unadapted book 4:

The remake finally does something useful.  I prefer the old version over the remake for the stuff that was already adapted, but obviously if you adapt all new material you're at the top of the podium.  Finally this anime will be rated 'great' and contribute something to anime's overall greatness, and 2024's greatness as an anime contributor.

I'm still not sold on Nanare Hananare as a great anime.  It's obviously good but there's been nothing truly moving or memorable about it.  I still hold out hope in the remaining episodes, but if it falls through I'll just rate Summer Pockets a great anime early.  I've done this maneuver before when necessary, and it's looking to be necessary.  If I wait until the final episode of Nanare to make a decision, and then put in Summer Pockets, it won't be long before Summer Pockets actually airs so it isn't as damaging to my rankings as it would seem.  For years I've been planning on ranking Summer Pockets, and for years they've delayed the release, but finally it's been confirmed for 2025, so if I'm going to inevitably rank it anyway it's not such a big deal to rank it a little early.

Of course I'll need to come up with a different child name in '100 Waifus' to replace Kanata when that moment comes, but I think there are a number of reasonable entries I could slot in there, like Mai from Fatal Fury, so that's not a problem either.

I got the 'Draconically Epic' achievement which means I have at least one WoW character in high level epic Dragonflight expansion gear on every single equippable slot.  This too is thanks to the pre-patch event which lets you trade easily acquired currency for powerful epics.  (Relatively easily, it still takes hours of grinding).  Ideally I could deck out all 24 of my characters in nothing but epics but I might burn out before I grind that far.  Plus there's only a few days of the pre-patch event left. . .

One Pace finished abridging the Arabasta arc.  Now all that's left is the Skypiea arc (which another group has already done so isn't a priority) and the Wano arc (which another group has already done so isn't a priority, except for one single episode that neither group has done which is the missing bridge between the two).  If One Pace would release that one missing Wano ep the whole series could be watched in a no-filler format which would quadruple the quality of the original work.  We're so close to something amazing, the #2 anime of all time reaching its true potential.

No comments: