Blog Archive

Friday, July 12, 2024

Nozomi Hole Filled:

Nozomi doesn't get much attention in '100 Waifus,' so when a scene falls in her lap which is perfectly situated for her, I should really take advantage of the opportunity.  As such, I've added the bolded sentences to Chapter 32:

  "Okay, here it is!" Aoba's arms stretched wide. "The Maou's chosen royal guard are none other than -- dark versions of us! The Dark Harem that serves his infinite unbridled lust. We have to defeat ourselves if we want to win the game!"

  "Let's show the AI who can best use our own powers." Mikoto got revved up at the thought.

  “You mean I get to meet Dark Dream again?!” Nozomi smiled uncontrollably, her interest in the game suddenly spiking.

  “Dark Dream and Dark Lemonade!” Aoba promised. “I’m sure if it’s you they’ll somehow be befriendable too.” Aoba rolled her eyes at the prospect.


On top of this I've made a few more edits -- a 'sucked' turned into a 'suck,' I deleted an unnecessary comma, and I switched which mother had which child in the case of Miharu and Kotori to make them more suitable -- now Nemu has Miharu, who is Nemu's best friend, while Aisia has Kotori, the girl Aisia rooted for in Da Capo S.S.  It's ridiculous that I hadn't noticed this stronger mother-daughter relationship until now, but at least now it's fixed.

With this many edits I can't say edition 44 is the 'last edition' like I had hoped.  At this point I may as well go ahead and make as many additional edits as I can and improve the book as much as possible, so that at least edition 45 will be complete.  I was so close too!  I'd made it all the way to Chapter 32 thinking the 44th time was the charm.  Surely next time the book will pass the 'no edits' test. . .

But again, this isn't a bad thing.  I reread the book in the hopes of improving it, so finding a way to improve it is a reward for all my hard work.  So long as I can keep improving my magnum opus I should do so, as it's my ticket to heaven once I can display something beautiful enough to earn God's praise.  I'm sure the reason I've had to keep rereading it this long is God testing me to see if I have the perseverance and sincerity to fulfill my oath, so there's no way I'm going to fail that test.  The entire hereafter might depend upon it.

No comments: