Blog Archive

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Summer Pockets anime green-lit (again), set for 2025:

For the third time key has announced a Summer Pockets anime, but this time they mean it for real.  It has an actual release date, a trailer and everything.  I ask and the world provides.  Only a couple days ago I was infuriated by the lack of a Summer Pockets anime, saying Japan was abandoning the future to desolation when they had plenty of good products they could be adapting, and lo and behold they announce Summer Pockets.  I guess Japan is listening to me after all.

I would be overjoyed, but remember how terrible the Rewrite adaption was.  There's no telling if this adaption will be faithful or not, how long it will be, etc.  The only way to know how good the anime will be is to watch it.

Summer Pockets is now in the same situation as Ranma 1/2.  The initial announcement is exciting, but until we know what they actually intend to do with the anime there's nothing to be excited about.

Meanwhile I'm 40% of the way through book 14 of Konosuba.  These books are short and lowbrow so it's easy to read 2 or even 3 of them a day.  So much for occupying me until the Olympics.  There still haven't been any developments.  Darkness confessed to Kazuma, but that had been obvious since forever.  Kazuma and Megumin still aren't a couple.  They're no closer to defeating the Demon King.  Wiz is getting more attention than Aqua.  Eventually things will have to happen because the series ends at book 17, but I guess nothing will happen until that volume.

No comments: