Blog Archive

Monday, March 11, 2024

Spring 2024 Anime Preview:

It's almost time for the spring anime season.  What do we have to look forward to?

Continuing good series:

One Pace

Wonderful Precure

Dungeon Meshi

Returning good series:

Yuru Camp

Tensei Slime

Hibike Euphonium

KonoSuba

My Hero Academia

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Spice & Wolf

Surely good new series:

Henjin no Salad Bowl

Idolm@ster Shiny Colors

The New Gate

Dorei Elf no Yome

One Room, Hi Atari Futsuu, Tenshi Tsuki

Possibly good new series:

Shuumatsu Train

Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru

Tensei Shitara Dai Nana Ouji

Dekisokonai to Yobareta

Girls Band Cry

Highspeed Etoile

Rinkai

Karasu wa Aruji

Yoru no Kurage

Shinkalion

Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen

Jii-san Baa-san Wakagaeru

Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill

Vampire Dormitory

Lv2 Kara Cheat

Unnamed Memory

Seiyuu Radio

Kaijuu 8-gou

Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau

Blue Archive

* * *

So at minimum 15 shows to watch with a possible maximum of 35.  Not bad.  A hell of a lot better than this winter season.  I've been looking forward to this coming April for a long time now.

My FF7 Rebirth playthrough was very thorough, I collected all the World Intel and did all the side quests, including the Gold Saucer minigame side quest that requires you beat a ton of difficult minigames.  I did the entire Queen's Blood side story and got my Shadow Queen card.  (Queen's Blood is a legitimately good card game, it could have succeeded on its own.)  I sailed the world in search of pirate's jetsam.  The Chocobo Racing was as fun as Mario Kart.  I'm satisfied with this playthrough and don't really need to do it over, unlike Remake which I played multiple times.  The only important thing left to do is the alternative Gold Saucer dates.  This game does a good job of making you play all 7 of its characters somewhere during the game, so I actually did get pretty effective at fighting with all of them.  The only thing I really miss is I didn't get to see all the flashy Synchro Techniques and 3-atb attacks and level 3 limit breaks.  It would probably be easier to find these on YouTube than create the conditions in-game to see them myself.

I downloaded a single song from the FF7 Rebirth ost -- Gongaga Region.  It was beautiful and novel, mystically evocative and spirit lifting.  I'll need to listen to it 100 times before I can give it a rating but it's likely going to be very high.

The May 12th Kimetsu no Yaiba release date implies a shortened season, which makes sense given that the entire arc is only 8 manga chapters long.  This is worse news than the series immediately diving into Infinity Castle but better news than the eps being stretched with filler.  It's been an entire year since the Swordsmith arc so you'd think they could have produced more Kimetsu than 4 episodes or whatever, but oh well.  These people have the goal of producing the best looking animation of all time so their standards are exacting.

No comments: