Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest starts this July:

The summer 2024 anime season is looking really sparse.  Only Alya Sometimes Speaks in Russian and Fairy Tail are assured hits.  But Fairy Tail is my #1 favorite anime, so it makes up for everybody else.  Nothing really matters so long as I have my Fairy Tail.  And unlike 'Boruto' or 'Dragon Ball GT,' this Fairy Tail is written by the original author and is as legitimate as the original.  The anime was announced so long ago it was beginning to feel like vaporware, so it's a huge relief to see it with an official release date.  I was tired of waiting.

When you add in all the Fairy Tail spinoff manga chapters it's as long as One Piece, a good reason for the series to be ranked ahead of One Piece.  Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest doesn't release every week, but neither does One Piece, so the competition is still quite stiff concerning which will end up longer than the other.

In FF7 Rebirth I've dated Tifa, Aerith and Yuffie.  I suppose there's still some purpose in dating all the boys too, just to see what is said.  (P.S. Okay now I've dated the boys too, they were worthwhile, thankfully not gay.)  Aerith was precious as expected, while Yuffie was fun and surprisingly touching.  I loved the Yuffie-Zack interactions in FF7 Crisis Core, but I never expected Rebirth to mention them as an important cornerstone of Yuffie's life.  I have so much respect for the authors who realized the same as me that Yuffie was the main heroine of Crisis Core.  :).  Defeating Yuffie in the Virtua Fighter game was also super fun.

I defeated all the Chocobo races and got all the chocobo gear, transmuted all the best legendary accessories, and completed most of the Golden Saucer challenge bouts and Combat Simulations.  What annoys me is in these simulated fights the whole party doesn't gain experience and materia growth, only the people specifically fighting, so that really wanes my desire to participate.  I'd be better off roaming the world and slaying overland monsters who give all my party rewards.  But that sounds slow and boring too.  What a dumb fix the developers put me in for no reason.

One thing that really impresses me is now (postgame era) my ladies can wear swimsuits everywhere, not just Costa del Sol, and even more impressive is they accurately remain in swimsuits even during the cutscenes.  Getting to see them in swimsuits in the higher fidelity, better looking cutscenes is amazing.  The developers did something right.

Meanwhile, Russia took Nevelskoye, a tiny village but of huge strategic importance.  It's a fortress located on a 200 meter tall hill, which allows it to dominate the cities of Peromaiska and Krasnogorivka to its north and south.  This tiny village has stymied Russia for years, since the beginning of the war they've been trying and failing to take it, so it falling now is indicative of Ukraine's prospects as a whole.  And with the ability to swing north and south and take those other two towns the whole front is inevitably staged to collapse.  This will push the artillery further from Donetsk and protect the millions of civilians living in the area, one of the principal aims of the Special Military Operation.  One small village for the army, one giant leap for the war.

The paperback version of '100 Waifus' is sitting in my room, calling to me like a siren.  I want to try out this new way of reading the book, where editing is impossible so I can focus purely on the joy of reading.  At the same time I have the all-new Unicorn Overlord game to play, the all new Irotoridori no Sekai visual novel to play, and still more FF7 Rebirth and Granblue Fantasy Relink content to explore.  And later this March comes the final volume of Choyoyu and March Madness.  I should have more than enough things to do, rather than reread my book for the 41st time, but somehow the book still feels like the highest priority right now.  I've always said that once I can read the book in full without editing anything it will finally be done, and here is my chance to do that. . .

No comments: