Blog Archive

Monday, October 17, 2022

Winter 2023 Anime Preview:

The fall season has more or less stabilized, so it's time to look forward to what comes next.  What will the new year usher in?  The answer is some pretty good stuff:

Continuing Series:

Delicious Party Precure

One Pace

Dragon Ball Super Heroes

Urusei Yatsura

The Eminence in Shadow

Boku no Hero Academia S6

Possibly Bleach?

Returning Series:

Vinland Saga S2

DanMachi S4

Boufuri S2

Kamitachi S2

Known Good Debuting Series:

Ayakashi Triangle

Isekai Nonbiri Nouka

Saving 80,000 Gold Coins

Possibly Good Debuting Series:

Ars no Kyoujuu

Benriya Saitou-san

Eiyuu-ou

Hikari no Ou

Hyouken

Inu ni Nattara

Kaiko Sareta

Kubo-san wa Mob

Nier: Automata

Ningen Fushin

Nokemono-tachi

Onii-chan wa Oshimai

Ooyukiumi

Otonari no Tenshi-sama

Saikyou Onmyouji

Spy Classroom

Tensei Oujo

Trigun Stampede

Tsundere Akuyaku

* * *

So at least 11 watchable series with the chance for many more.  I don't have much hope for the 'possible' shows but there always tends to be a pleasant surprise when this many are on offer.  The winter season will greatly hinge upon whether Bleach continues or immediately takes a 'break' like they said there would be.  But even without Bleach we still get the Grace of the Gods, Vinland Saga and DanMachi.  That's a perfectly solid winter season right there.  Worse than what we have now, but solid.

Meanwhile, I'm dropping Shinmai Renkinjutsushi because the alchemist at the heart of it is too well off compared to the challenges she's facing.  She's just breezing through life on easy mode and I don't see the point of this series even three episodes in.  What can I learn from this show?  If everything is easy life is fun?  I guess, but how does that help me, where nothing comes easily? How am I inspired by that?  

I finished my rewatch of Honzuki S3, where Myne most definitely does not have it easy, making for a much more realistic and satisfying series.  The last couple episodes are about fighting evildoers so a little more exciting than watching ink dry.  This means I've fulfilled my promise for yet another ranked series and rewatched it in full.  I guess the next series I have to prove great is Extreme Hearts, even though there isn't a blu-ray release out yet I could take advantage of.  Extreme Hearts is the only new series I haven't rewatched any portion of before.  Unlike all these other ranked series which were already safely ranked and I only haven't rewatched season 3 or 4 or whatever, this is season 1 of Extreme Hearts, so it's never been put to the rewatch test yet.

No comments: