Blog Archive

Friday, August 14, 2020

Tear to Tia:

I read the translated half of Unlimited Fafnir's volume 13, and discovered that Tear Lightning's name is really Tia Lightning, with the 'Tia' being from 'Tiamat.'  So I changed her name in '100 Waifus' to Tia as well.  Most Japanese names have a variety of equally correct English spellings, but if Tia is named after Tiamat, which isn't a Japanese word to begin with, the only possible correct spelling is Tia.

I sure wish I could read more Unlimited Fafnir.  Why was it abandoned so close to the ending?  Just push through and get the job done.  Doesn't anyone have any professional pride?  I want to know what Yuu's relationship with each of the girls is at the end of the story.

I'm mostly through rewatching Nekopara and fully through my rewatch of One Piece's Wano arc.  (not that it's actually finished yet, but I've rewatched everything available.)  That just leaves the Star Twinkle Precure movie and currently airing seasons like Railgun/SAO/Major 2nd before my oath is fulfilled.  It makes little sense to rewatch a series before it even finishes airing, so basically I'm already done.

Nekopara is even better than I remember.  I'll have to uprank it next time I adjust my rankings.

P.S. Now I've rewatched the Star Twinkle movie too.  It's so beautiful and lovely.  It grips the heart from start to finish.  I should uprank Precure next time I adjust my rankings too. . .

No comments: