Blog Archive

Monday, August 10, 2020

Honzuki & Grand Order Rewatched:

As detailed earlier, I've been hard at work rewatching these two ranked series, and now both are finished.

Fate/Grand Order has an appealing, large cast of heroes, with Gilgamesh and Ishtar taking the cake.  Rin Tohsaka is mai waifu regardless of what form she takes.  And as I always believed, Gilgamesh was always a good person at heart.  Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Kaleid Liner, Fate/Heaven's Feel, or Fate/Grand Order, he's always been in the right.

I feel like the series could have been shorter and involved less ki beam explosions without losing anything, but a lot can be forgiven when Rin Tohsaka flies around in a nigh non-existent outfit sounding flustered.  Rin Tohsaka also moonlights as Erishkigal, the God of the Underworld, so there's double the fun.

There's plenty more Grand Order in store, so I'll have to watch and rewatch that portion as well before I'm well and truly done, sadly without Rin or Gilgamesh for company.

As for Honzuki no Gekokujou, the episode Lutz learns of Myne's approaching death could make a stone cry.  It isn't much better when Turi finds out.  However, things take a turn for the merrier and by the second season she's polevaulting from success to success.  There we learn of the first person cool enough to match Myne blow for blow, Ferdinand.  I almost feel like he was the main character of the 2nd season.  The ability for the story to make so many meandering twists and turns while maintaining its integrity and continuity is marvelous.  I wonder what will change for the third season?

Meanwhile, I added another song to my music hall of fame from Senren * Banka, 'Harmony.'  I always wanted this song but some glitch prevented me from downloading it last time I tried.  Now it's fixed and my music hall of fame bumped up to 5460 songs, 12.4 days in continuous play length.  When Bravely Default II comes out no doubt my playlist will grow some more.

No comments: