Blog Archive

Monday, August 10, 2020

Okyu no Trinity & Shounin Yuusha:

In my ever-widening search for more good manga to read, I've hit upon Okyu no Trinity and Shounin Yuusha.

Okyu no Trinity is a shoujo romance story involving lots of cliches and tropes, plenty of blushing, humorous misunderstandings, mysterious tragic pasts, etc.  The heroine is a princess and the male love interest is a former thief, so that's a pretty cool and unusual twist -- not seen since Robin Hood, or I suppose The Princess Bride.  The art really stands out in this series, both the boys and the girls look amazing.  Sometimes the plot can drag when the characters are overly dense but oh well.  It's better than nothing.

Shounin Yuusha is much shorter so far and a lot more fun.  You have a guy with the ability to mass manufacture anything with magic and a girl with super-strength that mass destroys everything she touches, so the two go together like peanut butter and jelly.  The beautiful Loli of mass destruction likes the merchant of mass manufacturing, but for some reason he hasn't noticed her charm yet.  Too focused on making money I guess.  She even wore a sailor school girl uniform for him!! >.<.

Both be necessary provisions if I'm to overcome covid-19's boring lockdown.  Sadly I'm already caught up on all their releases so I'll have to widen my net yet further.

No comments: