Blog Archive

Saturday, June 27, 2020

+2 Songs, -1 Manga:

I'm rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho and some of the songs really speak to me, so I'm adding them to my hall of fame collection -- The opening, 'Smile Bomb', and the battle theme 'Struggle of Sadness.'  One is by Matsuko Matawari, the other by the eminent composer of many a good anime, Yusuke Honma.

Meanwhile, the Railgun Gaiden Astral Buddy is also concluding next chapter.  I sort of lost track of what's going on and why in this series but the ghost was always cute so whatever.  I'm not sure why this series even existed in the first place so I don't mind it ending either.  Misaki is already a side character, and then you make an obscure follower of Misaki the protagonist?  That's about as peripheral as you can get.

It'll be nice to return to the Railgun only manga, which was the only manga that centered on good characters to begin with.

Old anime series like Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha in blu-ray look fantastic, often better than current day releases.  Now that stuff like BanG Dream is switching to entirely cg, old anime may be the only place to see genuine anime artistry.  This is why it's so frustrating that there's still no English subtitled blu-ray release of Seikai no Monshou or Da Capo.  If anything they'd look even better than Inuyasha.

No comments: