Blog Archive

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Another Manga Bites the Dust:

The Accelerator spinoff manga is coming to an end next chapter.  I'm more or less thankful.  It was a chore reading it and it was never much good.  For a spinoff it sure was long, too.  I like Index, I love Railgun, but I've never liked Accelerator.

Meanwhile, of all things, Battle Athletes Victory is getting a new anime season.  This is set 100 years after the previous events so has all new characters, but presumably much the same setting and plot.  I'm not very excited.  Remember Diebuster, the sequel to Gunbuster?  Completely different and awful.  Sometimes classics like Gunbuster should just be left alone.

Of course I'll try it out and who knows maybe it will be good.  If it ever actually releases in this new covid world.

If I'm allowing villains as children names in '100 Waifus,' why not Vega?  He's so suave with his mask and claws and ponytail.  What more could you want in a man?  Well, the problem is, Vega isn't really Vega's name.  It's Balrog.  Vega is actually M. Bison.  The American Balrog is M. Bison.  It's all switcherooed.  So who would I be referring to when I say Vega?  Psychodrive Vega or Claw Vega?  It's all too confusing so I had to avoid the controversy entirely.  So annoying.  If only America would localize things correctly by leaving names alone.

Alka Translations has promised a prompt release of Summer Pockets Reflection Blue, so maybe we'll get the conclusion to this franchise within the year.  Summer Pockets was definitely the best thing to happen this year, so Reflection Blue would make it the 'year of Summer Pockets'.

Watch Summer Pockets come out before Aiyoku no Eustia, despite Aiyoku being 90% translated. . .

No comments: