Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

1,000 New Songs Since January 1st:

I decided I was tired of waiting for this historic achievement, so I rooted through some of my old discarded music to see if any were worthy of being promoted to hall of fame status.  Once I found eight more songs and reached the 1,000 song goal line, I declared the mission a success and stopped again.

This gave me 2 more songs by Go Shiina, 2 more by Motoi Sakuraba, 2 more by Kazuhiro Nakamura, and 2 more by Yoko Shimomura -- all well established and well liked composers even before this deep dive.

The eight new (old) songs are probably below par just a tad, but they're actually quite catchy tunes.  They're better than the Blue Dragon stuff I just rejected, for instance, and that's Nobuo Uematsu we're talking about.

It would have been nice if Blue Dragon had been enough to put me over the top, but since it wasn't I had to achieve my dream somehow or other.  It was just too close to success to stop here.

All year long I've been searching for new good music -- the easiest place to find it was from music I'd already rejected, but deserved a second chance.  This is a suitable end to the mission, returning back from whence I came.

I still await the music from Ares no Tenbin and Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link, but now there's no strict deadline I have to worry about.  The music can come whenever, and join my hall of fame whenever, since I've already got my 1,000 tunes before the new year.

Another victory for Huang Zhong!  Now I am a true legend of the 3 Kingdoms.

No comments: