Blog Archive

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Imouto Sae Ireba Ii Rewatched:

When a show is good enough, you can just marathon right through it, even the second time.  Imouto Sae Ireba Ii proved itself today.  There wasn't anything dramatic or tragic, just a lot to laugh about, so it can't compete very well with serious shows, but as comedies go it's one of the best.  Especially the second half of the series, which seemed to really hit its groove.

I wasn't sure whether this series really deserved to be in my rankings until today, but now it's become clear.  This show is the real deal, and deserves its ranking with room to spare.  My system of rewatching all great shows is doing a splendid job of separating the wheat from the tares.

Now if only Death March would come out in blu-ray.  Once that happens, I'll have watched and rewatched all 200 series in my rankings, and shown without question that every single one of them was worthy of my initial praise.  Even if many someday do fall out of the spotlight due to the march of progress and time, the fact that they were good enough to be not only watched but rewatched will never change.

No comments: