Blog Archive

Friday, August 31, 2018

Yasuharu Takanashi +24:

Now that I'm rewatching the Shippuden half of Naruto Kai, the composer has switched from Toshiro Masuda to Yasuharu Takanashi.  Both are great composers, but I much preferred Masuda.  Still, it's kind of silly that I only have three songs in my music hall of fame by Yasuharu when he's the composer of Naruto, Fairy Tail and Pretty Cure.  There can't be a better body of work than that.  So I listened to his songs a little more carefully and scrounged up 24 more songs deserving of entry into my music hall of fame.

Four are from Pretty Cure, eleven are from Fairy Tail and nine are from Naruto.  But just like that, Yasuharu Takanashi has moved up the ranks of my favorite composers from bantamweight to heavyweight.  It's amazing what happens if you just give a composer a chance.

No comments: