Blog Archive

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Ekaterina:

There's a live-action show about Catherine the Great that details the major events of her life, mainly focusing on her personal life while giving some grudging attention to her political career.  I would actually like to watch the reverse, as it's her contributions to history that matter to me, but oh well.  I'll take what I can get.  The budget was big enough to have fancy architecture and costumes, but not big enough to show large battle scenes, so that's why they went with what they did.

Meanwhile I got everything in order in my music hall of fame, finding 3 Heaven Burns Red songs to demote from my 5-star tier, 3 John Williams songs to demote from my 4-star tier, 3 varied songs to demote from my 3-star tier, and 5 Beethoven songs to demote from my 2-star tier.  Now all the tiers are properly 1100 songs big again and the world returns to sanity.  These are all properly demoted songs based on merit, so it was no easy task, but it had to be done sooner or later.

I also properly listened to my new 5-star songs 200 times and the new 2-star songs 100 times, so alles in ordnung.

For all the details of my 5500 favorite songs and their relative worth compared to each other you can always check out my music hall of fame.  If you want to watch Ekaterina it's available for free from amazon prime video, called 'freevee', albeit you have to watch a bunch of annoying ads.

Meanwhile Kansas pulled off an exciting upset of #6 Oklahoma for the first time in decades.  Georgia Tech also upset North Carolina, and Arizona upset Oregon State.  The rest went as expected, but three upsets is pretty good.

No comments: