Blog Archive

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Satano > Sawako:

If I'm going to make a decision eventually, I may as well make it immediately.  After the latest episode of Uma Musume I've fallen for Satano Diamond.  She's beautiful, friendly and resolute.  Fierce and proud, kind and admiring.  As Kitasan's friend featured ever since S2, she's basically the co-protagonist of the franchise.  Kitasan and Satano go together like hand and glove.

The only question was who to replace in my fictional character hall of fame, and the answer became clear after I read through every single character's name -- Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke.  She's ugly, dense, and chose willingly a long distance relationship all through college, a relationship killer in the real world.  Sure it works out for her because she's in a fictional world, but it wasn't a wise decision at all.  Plus the series isn't good enough to merit two entries, Ume can uphold the honor of Kimi ni Todoke just fine on her own.  Sawako is overkill.

There was also no reason to wait around when it came to new recruits to my music hall of fame -- I had two new candidates already available -- the opening and ending themes of the second half of MIX S2 -- Amaryllis and Ima Kono Toki wo.  Unlike the previous three new songs, I don't think these are 5-star.  Probably 2 or 3-star, somewhere in there.  But they get the hall of fame back to 5500.  I just have to go through the formality of listening to them 100 times a piece and then this project will also be done.

No comments: