Blog Archive

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Remixes:

Tower of Zot and Golbeza, Clad in Black are 1/2 remixes of each other, but the other 1/2 of their melodies branch out down separate paths.  Since they're both good songs I choose to ignore their 1/2 remix ancestry and retain them both in my music hall of fame.

Other remixes didn't fare so well.  Chikai no Rakuin is just a shorter, inferior version of Paradox and was thus cut.  Neji vs. Kidomaru #6 is the exact same as Dance, I just hadn't realized because the names were different, so obviously the dumbly named version of the song was cut.

That brought my music hall of fame down to 5328 songs, but tomorrow features the release of Soul Calibur 6 so the number of songs should be jumping back up again shortly.

It's amazing that I'm still finding remixes this late in, but partially it's the fault of all the new additions I keep adding to the soup.  It's hard to remember every melody and thus notice when they overlap when there are so many new ones flying around.

The last couple of years I've added thousands of new melodies to the soup, so my brain still hasn't caught up with them all.  Once the era of additions comes to a close I'll be able to root out all the remaining remixes more efficiently.

I almost have the perfect music collection.  Once I get my hands on Ares no Tenbin and Soul Calibur 6 I'll be more or less done.  Then the job won't be so much collecting as judging what I already have.

The median play count of my new music hall of fame entries is 31.  So as predicted, it will likely be three more years before I've reached my desired 100 play count for all, which would be the mark of a true hall of fame.  This was already a massive project before I randomly decided to add another 1,000 songs to the mix.  But as a result it's just that much more beautiful, so I'm happy to take on the additional challenge.

In Magic the Gathering, it's possible to win a fair number of games just by the opponent being unlucky enough in his card draws to be mana short, color screwed or the like.  As such, a low win percentage doesn't indicate that your deck is 'almost there' and 'just needs a little work.'  It means it's totally worthless and just needs to be scrapped.  10 of my decks never did better than 5-30% wins against even the weakest of competition, so they've been relegated to the scrap heap.  There's no point buying any new cards for them, because no matter how much they're improved they'll never be competitive.

This reduces my decks owned, effectively, since there's no point counting decks that can't win, back down to 58.  On the bright side, I got to play these ten decks as much as I wanted to establish just how terrible they were, so I got a lot of fun out of some very terrible cards -- like squeezing lemonade out of a bunch of lemons.  Even their failure is a sort of success story.

Going over my previous 1850 posts of this blog, I decided to add 'The future of civilization?' to my Marriage permapost.  Quoting a series of startlingly dystopian facts about present day Japanese attitudes in regards to romance, I make the case for why we need to return to mandatory, arranged marriage -- or at the very least androids, because at this rate humans aren't going to be around for much longer.  I also added my 2d waifu hall of fame to my 'eroticism isn't innately bad' permapost, as I thought the two topics went hand in glove with each other.

I wasn't about to spend so much time and effort identifying the best girls in fiction and then just leave them all to be forgotten again a few posts later.  Now they'll be memorialized alongside my other halls of fame for eternity.

Since these posts were just tacked on to other permaposts, it doesn't add to my permapost total, that remains at a nice round number of 60.  But it does make my permaposts just that much better.

No comments: