Blog Archive

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Soul Calibur VI Music:

I suspect Soul Calibur VI has many more songs than what is currently floating around the internet, but these 14 are the most we're going to get, at least for now.

Though I hear most of these songs have leitmotifs from previous songs in the series, I'm not convinced any of them are just straight out remixes of the previous games.  I own the music of the previous games and I don't recognize any of these songs as repeats.  Of course, I'm dense when it comes to these things, so I might only notice the overlap a year from now, but for now I'm treating all 14 of these songs as originals.

They also all pass in terms of quality.  I'm actually surprised that every single stage theme qualifies individually.  Junichi Nakatsuru is one of my favorite composers, (now ranked 7th in quantity), but even for him a 100% success rate is extraordinary.  I liked every song available.

Soul Calibur 6 appears to be a masterpiece.  The music, the graphics, the gameplay, the characters available for selection, everything is well regarded.  I wonder if Junichi was inspired by the quality of the other aspects of the game to up his own game as well.

With these 14 new songs entering my music hall of fame, I'm now at 5342 songs, still 12 days in play length.

The number of songs newly added to my hall of fame since the beginning of this year stands at 980.  The number of songs I have yet to listen to 100 times is a nice even 4550.  It would be nice if I could somehow add 20 more songs to my playlist before the New Year, but perhaps 1,000 new songs in a single year is a bridge too far.  I guess it all depends on whether Ares no Tenbin's ost comes out in time or not.

Like Valkyria Chronicles 4, I've been waiting for this soundtrack to come out for years.  Now that I finally have them both I'm feeling rather fulfilled.  My music collection is right where I want it to be, it has everything I ever wanted inside, and plenty of it.  Anything beyond this is just bonus.

Meanwhile, Tsurune finally aired.  It's more fujoshi bait, just like that marathon anime.  I'm not into that sort of thing, so no matter how well made it is, it just doesn't work.  Fail.

Hangyaku Sei Million Arthur airs in a few days, so there's still hope for the fall season.  Daredevil season 3 certainly wasn't any use.

Nanoha Detonation aired, and no further Nanoha was announced, so I can safely put back my wish for a new Nanoha Vivid and Nanoha Force anime onto my wishlist.  Nanoha would be such a better anime if it actually finished its stories like all responsible anime does.

No comments: