Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar volume 11 read:

It doesn't take long to read a good book.  I have a lot of complaints about volume 11 -- the nonstop fighting could really use a damn break, people shouldn't rise from the dead, etc.  But it's more than made up for by the good parts -- lots of Ranta characterization, some Merry flashbacks, etc.  All in all another solid entry.  Now we just need books 12 and 13.

I replaced Danette with Elly from Xenogears out of my video game waifus because Danette has goat legs.  Oops.  Elly is a worthy replacement, so no regrets here.

I also replaced a lot of items on my anime wishlist.  Going by my policy of not asking for a sequel to anything that already has a sequel planned, I can't ask for more Nanoha until the Detonation movie comes out.  Likewise, I can't ask for SAO Progressive or Alternative so long as Alicization is going, etc.  Due to this I needed to come up with a lot of different titles I wanted a sequel to instead, so I added in Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card-hen, Major 2nd, Kuma kuma kuma Bear, Shikaku no Mon, Honzuki no Gekokujo and Dimension W.

I also added Gundam 00 and Gundam 08th MS Squad to my good anime runners-up list, now that my policy allows for series with no real continuity between their separate parts to be broken down into their constituent parts and counted separately (like I did with Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Last Encore, etc).  I could never get enthusiastic about Gundam, but these two series were different.  They were totally worth watching.

I also re-ordered my manga rankings to reflect what's coming out and getting translated recently.  Since the manga in question is constantly changing the rankings have to periodically change too.

No comments: