Blog Archive

Thursday, February 1, 2018

The Top 100 Manga:

I'm tired of waiting so I'm going to round out my manga rankings right now as well.  The ugly, random numbers like 'top 194 anime' and 'top 97 manga' must be swept away for the benefit of the new age.

The three new manga I added to my rankings are still quite good.  Tenjou Tenge, X, and Q and A all have strong pedigrees.  I've read/watched the anime adaption thereof of these series in full, they're all fully translated and they're all finished works.  This is how a manga should be.  Clamp did X and Mitsuru Adachi did Q and A, there's no one better in the manga industry.  I've watched the Tenjou Tenge and X anime twice.  I would have done the same for Q and A but it never got an anime.

These three series have proven their worth in multiple different ways and I like them better than any other manga I can think of that isn't yet ranked, so in they go.

Sort of funny how 2/3 of my new series are just letters. . .

Check out the full list of all 100 here:  http://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2014/10/good-manga.html

I stubbornly waited for years for some new good manga to come out, but none ever did.  So I guess I'll just have to rely on these older series instead.  I should have done this a long time ago.  >.<

No comments: