Blog Archive

Thursday, February 1, 2018

The manga no anime will introduce you to:

Freezing, Zettai Karen Children, I"s, Full Moon O Sagashite, Vinland Saga, Strobe Edge, Rosario Vampire, Junai Sensation, Kodomo no Jikan, MIX, Sakura Zensen, Slow Step, [Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare], Mujaki no Rakuen and Ad Astra Per Aspera are the 15 great manga series that don't have a corresponding great anime series.

Vinland Saga, Strobe Edge, Junai Sensation, MIX, Sakura Zensen, [Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare] and Ad Astra Per Aspera don't have any anime at all.

Freezing, ZKC, I"s, Full Moon, Rosario Vampire, Kodomo no Jikan, Slow Step and Mujaki no Rakuen do have anime adaptions, but they aren't any good.  Too much filler and censorship.

I've perfected my top anime rankings with 200 shows, but my top manga rankings still need 3 more entries to reach a nice round top 100.  The series have to be manga originals, not adaptions from other sources, to qualify as good manga, and there just aren't any.

My only hope is that the authors of Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach and the like come back for another round and produce more good manga now that all their hits are done.  But how many years will that take?  And will their next works really be any good?  The impatience mounts.

Meanwhile, Arrow and Black Lightning haven't been very entertaining ever since they've resumed.  I have plenty of better things to be doing these days so they're both dropped.  Someday I want the Wheel of Time tv series to come out and replace all the DC comic book shows as my 10th favorite tv product.

No comments: