Blog Archive

Friday, July 28, 2017

WoW Warlords of Draenor Music:

Warlords of Draenor had very good music, clocking in at 2 hours and 2 minutes in length.  That's just two minutes behind classic WoW, so third place overall.

The star composer of this expansion was Clint Bajackian, who doesn't even show up in Legion.  Oh well.  Most of the good music was centered around the Garrison, which I spent 90% of my time in during the expansion.  What surprised me is that the garrison theme song is actually lots of different songs instead of just one, maybe that's why it was so good.

Though I do think an expansion that tells you to sit in a fort for a year is kind of silly, I genuinely enjoyed my base building and sending out underlings to do all my work for me.  It was quite addictive.  Legion has the same feature in the order halls, which is also fun, but I think they should keep these sorts of features to once per expansion, so that we don't end up just doing the same thing as last expansion (at which point, why even have an expansion?)

My 1 star video game list ended up being 2963 songs long, 5.7 days of continuous music.  The Hall of Fame, which includes the 1 star (which includes my favorite Warcraft tunes), sits at a mighty 4216 songs that last 9.4 days in total.

I thought Warcraft would have an even more dramatic impact on my Hall of Fame, but none of the music I downloaded included patch content, only the base games, so I ended up missing out on a lot of iconic music I had intended to include.  Still, it's an extra 10 hours and 52 minutes of pure great music.  An obvious must-have for any proper ultimate music collection.  137 songs in all.

I think I'll take a break from any more music collecting for now.  I can switch my attention back to Dal Segno, Muv-Luv, and the upcoming Little Busters! visual novels instead.  But this was a great nostalgic and productive way to spend July.  I wish they would announce what the seventh expansion (8th version of the game) is going to be already, though.  I want to get all excited about WoW, but nothing has happened for a long time now.  It's been a year since Legion came out, and they haven't even announced the next expansion.  Remember when they said they were hoping to do a new expansion every year? lol.


No comments: