Blog Archive

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Mega Man and Zelda and Heroes Music:

I felt like my video game music was putting up with a bunch of bad songs solely to keep up round numbers, so I needed a new source of video game music that could keep the numbers round while also drastically improving my music listening experience.

The answer was obvious:  Mega Man!  I downloaded the ost's of games 1-6, all of which I've personally played and beaten, so the music is especially nostalgic and meaningful to me.  I then took the best 89 songs from those soundtracks and replaced the worst 89 songs from my current playlists.

Since there were still songs left I'd rather replace than keep, I went and downloaded some orchestrated Zelda music next, which I've also played and beaten, and used that to plug yet more holes.  Now I have 15 Zelda songs instead of 1.

Since there were still songs left I'd rather replace than keep, I went and downloaded the ost's of Heroes of Might and Magic II and III, whom I've also played and beaten.  They're my mobile reserve to plug any remaining gaps that dare to raise their heads.  There's so much good video game music out there in the world, that I don't have to settle for anything short of the best.

I didn't touch my remixes, though.  They actually grew in number, to 231.  Remixes of good songs are still better than the level of songs I was dealing with.  This was stuff that was just plain painful to listen to, endlessly repetitive, or both.

No comments: