Blog Archive

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Persona 5 Event cleared:

I know nothing of the Persona franchise, but the Heaven Burns Red event featuring it was pretty good.  The soundtrack, obviously drawn from Persona, was very catchy.  Violet had a sexy black leotard that went well with her identity as a gymnast aiming for gold.  Ruka made an inspiring speech at the end.

I got a lot of new loot from the event, including a new SS Memoria for Tsukasa, 'femme fatale.'  I got it up to limit break level 2 and gave it an eternal daphne, because this memoria is good at both buffing and debuffing -- it actually overlaps a lot with shrine maiden Megumi's abilities.  I also got a whole new character, Mona, with a level 4 limit break SS Memoria, for free.  It's some sort of mascot character for Persona.

I got dandy Misato to level 3 limit break and base Tsukasa to level 4, which powers up all her other memorias, including the new femme fatale.  I got spanish dress Yuki to limit break level 3.  Most importantly, I used 20 protean shards to forcefully get wedding dress Yingxia to level 4.  Now all my critical penetration squad is at max limit break, which is only reasonable given they're my only powerful squad who I have to rely on for all hard fights.

I fought the latest score challenge boss with my critical penetration squad and got 2.27 million points.  The full rewards stretch until 2.6 million, but I just couldn't do it.  The boss is too strong for me.  But as for my other squads, they couldn't even beat the boss, it was so lopsided.  At least my critical penetration squad got most of the loot available.

One of the new relic orbs that became available was Miya's, so luckily now 4 out of my 6 critical penetration squad members have relic orbs (which give them +1,000 dp, quite a sizable boost.)

Frustratingly, I got a lot of 'dud' SS memorias of characters I'd already maxed out.  These turned into golden crystals which are again duds, because I can't trade them for anything anymore.  I already bought out the store's goods with prior golden crystals.  I hope someday they restock the store so my duds will become useful again.  The more characters I max out the more often this will happen, which means the game has diminishing marginal returns.  The more I play it, the less strong per hour played I get.  I guess that's true of all games, though.

I'm most of the way through volume 19 of Koujo Denka.  It's been nice -- more flirting with Lynne and Stella and less fighting, which is the way I like it.  Unfortunately now it's the weekend which means football takes priority again.  Everything takes longer to finish than I expect.

No comments: