Blog Archive

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Five games of note incoming:

The Lunar Remastered Collection includes Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue.  Supposedly the game will be improved graphically and gameplay wise -- but honestly the game needs no improvement.  Lunar was perfect already.  It's been so long since I played these games they'll practically feel brand new to me if I play them again, so I may as well purchase this for my PS5.

Fantasian Neo-Dimension is also coming out for the PS5.  I didn't like Uematsu's music for this game, which was a disheartening surprise, but I might still like the game itself.  Featuring attractive characters on some grand adventure with turn based combat, it's basically the template RPG I've always wanted.

Then there's Dynasty Warriors Origin, also coming out for the PS5.  The last DW was years ago for the PS4, so it will be fun to see how much better the graphics are on the new machine.  Like with Lunar, it's been so long since I last played DW that this new version should feel like an entirely new game.

Then there's Phantom Brave Lost Hero, the sequel to Phantom Brave using mostly the same mechanics.  I loved Phantom Brave, mostly because Marona was so cute, and yet again she's the main character, so not much could go wrong with this one.

With this, 2025 should be another year of good games.  Maybe not in the same class as FF7 Rebirth and Unicorn Overlord, but good enough to waste time.

No comments: