Blog Archive

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Uma Musume Cinderella Gray anime greenlit:

I tried the manga of this series but discarded it based on the belief that it wasn't canon and contradicted the anime.  Now they're going to turn the manga into an anime, which is going to be very disconcerting to fans of the previous anime.  The content is fine, but if it nullifies the previous content is that progress?  I suppose we can just enjoy both Uma Musume series as parallel worlds or something.  The larger truth here is that the Uma Musume anime is far from over and plans on extending to great length over a great duration.  Cinderella Gray won't be the last anime either.  My radical upranking of the series to 9th place will eventually be proven accurate once all is said and done.

Meanwhile, I reached 'Draconically Epic' for all 24 of my WoW characters.  They all grinded the prepatch event to fulfilment and are all now at an equal starting line basis for War Within.  It's the first time since I started playing the game I've managed to give full support to every character.  Most of the time my endless alts are in heirloom or starter gear, random greens they got from quests twenty levels ago.  For everybody to be decked out in epics before the next expansion, all at max level, with a complete set of bags and so on, is so refreshing.  It feels like they're all being treated with respect and consideration, cherished for who they are.  Like they're finally alive.

There's still time before War Within so I've been using it to complete Dragonflight questlines and get more cosmetic gear sets made available during Dragonflight, like the Zaralek campaign set and partially its raid set.  I also got the primal storm set.  It's all too low item level now to matter, but the appearances are valuable and they last forever.  There were still a lot of new quests I'd never done in Dragonflight which I can focus on now, making the game as fun as if War Within were out.

No comments: