Blog Archive

Monday, July 8, 2024

Tearmoon Empire subbed in bluray:

As always the better looking archive copy of the work can be found at nyaa.si.  I already rewatched Tearmoon so it isn't much use to me, but I suppose I could always watch it a third time someday.  Unlike other recent bluray releases the filesize is manageable, too.

The summer season is already looking fulfilling at 21 shows, but there are still six more chances to up that number.  The final outlook of the summer season will occur four days from now.  Of course, in August Kimi ni Todoke S3 begins so that will increase the number by 1 as well.

But the big news these days isn't about anime, rather it's visual novels.  The last Majikoi fandisk is almost fully translated, as is Rewrite Harvest Festa and Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka.  All three should be arriving sometime this year.  A single visual novel can occupy a full month to play, so suddenly 2024 is looking bountiful with entertainment again.  Unless they all release in December or something, in which case at least 2025 is covered.  Kud Wafter is 75% translated so there's a chance it comes out in 2024 as well.  If not there's always 2025.  All of these visual novels involve waifus from '100 Waifus' so it would be nice to learn more about the people I want to interact with the most.  I can't imagine a richer treasure trove of untapped experiences than this.

Kamitachi (By the Grace of the Gods) is not compelling literature.  Unlike the anime, it gives zero attention to Eliaria or the romance between her and Ryoma, to the point that in an afterword the author literally apologizes for the bait and switch, the change in tone between the early books and the later ones I'm reading now.  Ryoma on his own, raising medicinal mushrooms or whatever, is a snooze-fest.  It isn't unreadably bad so I guess I'll plod on, I'm on book 8 now, but it won't make my books hall of fame either.  Now I wish I had chosen to read Tearmoon Empire, Goblin Slayer or Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear next instead.

No comments: