Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

KonoSuba S3 only covers up to volume 7 of the light novels:

The light novel series is already over, having ended with volume 17, but no new anime announcement was made for Konosuba after s3 ended.  Due to this discrepancy I've added Konosuba to my anime wishlist.

But realistically speaking, if four seasons of Konosuba can only get us less than halfway through the series, it's obvious the anime will never reach all the way to the ending.  It would be more reasonable to just give up and read the light novels directly, which luckily have been translated into English.  Light novels 8-17 can all be found at nyaa.si, unlike Parchment & Wolf volume 8 which continues to elude us.

My high rating of Konosuba was based on the theory that the anime would reach all the way to the ending.  Now that I know it isn't even halfway through the story I'm going to downrate it dramatically the next time I adjust my rankings.  It feels like I always overestimate the worth of comedies at first and have to downgrade them later.  I guess because things which are funny to begin with quickly get old.

I finished the Misaka vs. Misaki light novel so I can dig in to KonoSuba without issue.  The Railgun novel is filler and thus doesn't contribute anything to the quality of the light novel series as a whole.

Another light novel series whose manga adaption I really like is getting an anime adaption, Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon-suru.  I hope the anime art quality is as high as the manga's, though I guess that's impossible.

Also available at nyaa.si is 'The Boy and the Heron,' the latest Miyazaki/Ghibli film.  It's highly touted so I'm looking forward to watching it.

I'm glad Julian Assange is finally free.  What a black mark on American history.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine randomly shot extremely expensive missiles at some beachgoing vacationers in Crimea, killing kids, but the more likely scenario is Russian air defense diverted the missile from its objective and it accidentally fell on the beach.  So I'm not as outraged this time as when I see the obviously well aimed barrages that kill kids in Donetsk and Belgorod.  Ukraine is diabolical enough to order this kind of attack, but it's hard to believe they're also stupid enough to do so.

No comments: