Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

House of the Dragon S2 begins:

Luckily there was a free limited trial offer for Max, so I signed up.  The first episode was as good as I expected it to be, a strong beginning after a strong ending to the previous season.  Unfortunately the free trial is limited so I'll probably only get to watch one more episode.

Meanwhile I tried out some other movies on offer -- Avatar, the Way of Water, Barbie, Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle.  Sadly they were all mediocre at best.  I guess Barbie was the best of the bunch.  Dune Part 2 is on offer but I already watched that in theater.  House of the Dragon is the best thing coming out of the West right now, but the spigot is far too small to justify a $17 subscription price.  I'll marathon House of the Dragon S2 some other month when it's all released.

I reread my own books, Changeling and Sellsword.  They were both excellent but not on the same tier as Dead Enders or '100 Waifus.'  It's understandable, though, nobody is on that tier.  My next reread is The Greatest Vision, another book of mine I recently advocated people should be reading.  It's been great so far, but not Dead Enders great.  It's fun reading all these books though, how differently they're written one to the next.  My long life has created many different writing styles and traversed many different genres, the variety is invigorating.

I hate the release schedule of Fate/Kaleid Liner.  It's been months since the last chapter.  The story is so near to completion, why can't the author just push out whatever and call it a day?  Any ending would be acceptable, just give us an ending already.  On the bright side, a new volume of SAO has finally been released in Japan, which means this story hasn't ended in writer's block yet.

The summer anime season is only two weeks away, but hopefully new Code Geass is only days away.  A little head start.

No comments: