Blog Archive

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Countless edits:

After countless edits, mainly disposing of 'justs' and 'evens', I finally reached Chapter 38, hopefully an oasis of sanity after all this nonsense.  Virtually every paragraph I found a better way to phrase the same statement, using more unique and euphonious terms.  It's like I'd been asleep at the wheel up until now.

But those minor quality of life issues ultimately don't matter, the book's worth depends on the actual content, and for that I managed to make more edits too.  I slightly rephrased the conclusion to Shiori's monologue in Chapter 59 to make it more persuasive/convincing, which is always important.  But the biggest addition was a paragraph in Chapter 58 describing illicit activity with underutilized waifus.  I'll shield the innocent readers of this post from the x-rated content, but of course anyone who's interested can go read the chapter for themselves, given it's always available as a permapost on the sidebar (the new content is embedded within the Kuon section).  I'd thought about this new segment for a long time but only found a good place for it this time around, no doubt because I've upgraded into a Super Writer.  I'm always looking for opportunities to involve neglected members of the cast, and this capitalizes on the newly deepened romance with Suguha brewed up during Chapter 55, so it really ties in well with what came before.

I still have a lot of '100 Waifus' left to edit, but editing isn't a linear process, sometimes you jump forward because you suddenly have a good idea on how to improve a later portion, and sometimes you jump backward because you suddenly realize something earlier could be improved.  Today was a jump forward day.

But at least one gigantic project was finished today, I listened to every song in my 5-star music hall of fame tier and they all have a clean bill of health now.  I've totally restored my music to how it was always meant to be while also improving the accuracy of my ratings for every tier.  I've also saved up some songs for future demotions in case any new quality music arrives.  It's a rousing success, like a kickstarter that meets all its stretch goals.

Though this hardly comes as a surprise, it's good to hear the Spy x Family S3 anime has been greenlit.

Moon of Alabama, a great blog for getting information and insight on Ukraine, has been down for weeks now due to the ill health of the owner.  Unfortunately the deadline for when he was supposed to return has already long passed, so it's time to write off another great resource for these troubled times.  All that's left is Dima's Military Summary.  Unfortunately all Dima can say these days is Russia is bogged down in a stalemate, barely making any progress in any important city -- Chasiv Yar, Vovchansk, Krasnagorivka, etc.

The European Parliament elections don't really matter, and nothing much will change.  Nothing will change from the English or French elections either.

No comments: