Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Index GT volume 10 translation underway:

About half of the book is already available.  Index translations are so fast that the second half will probably be done by Sunday.  This means I'll be reading Index while listening to the soundtrack of Unicorn Overlord instead of Irotoridori.  I've narrowed the good songs that aren't remixes from the ost down to 19 songs (from the original 90.)  Now I have to listen to these 19 songs 100 times to see if they're worthy of my music hall of fame.  I don't know if all 19 will make it across such a large number of listens.  Whatever the resulting number, it looks like it will be a manageable amount that can fit into my music hall of fame without expanding beyond the 5500 songs, 1100 for each quintile of worth that's been my tradition for years now.  It'll be tough to squeeze everything in but a lot easier than Granblue Fantasy Relink was.

I'm all caught up on the spring anime releases, save for two episodes of Dungeon Meshi and one episode of Shuumatsu Train.  I'm sure I'll have them done by Sunday too.  I'm almost up to date on Shogun, only one ep behind, so I'll be watching the last two episodes shortly after the final episode airs.  From the first eight episodes nothing has changed my mind that this is the tenth best tv series to ever air.  It has a riveting plot, relatable characters and a beautiful setting.  Go figure the best entertainment in the world would still be Japanese even when it isn't made by Japanese.  Unicorn Overlord and March Madness threatened to put me behind on everything else but things are settling down now.  At least until Eiyuden Chronicle comes out.

Russia continues to conquer, but the progress is all measured in half-villages.  Half of Novomikailovka, half of Krasnogorivka, half of Ocheretne, half of Berdichy, half of Chasiv Yar.  The progress is glacially slow.  I actually joked last year that it might take a year to conquer Chasiv Yar after taking Bakhmut, but here we are, almost a year has passed and they still haven't taken Chasiv Yar.  Exactly as I sarcastically predicted.  There's just no amount you can underestimate Russia's progress and be safe.

As for Iran and Israel, a pox on both their houses.  Without Iran there would be no Hamas, no Hezbollah, no Houthis, nobody attacking Israel to begin with.  At the same time, you can't expect to continuously bomb Iranians, assassinate Iranians, and blow up their consulates which according to the laws of war have diplomatic immunity, and expect no blowback.  Israel has violated all international law for so long that at some point somebody has to teach them a lesson.  Iran would be doing us a favor if they managed to do so, especially since it means only Iranians will be the victims of Israel's wrath as a result.  That sounds pretty much ideal to me.

No comments: