Blog Archive

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Stealth for the win!:

I defeated the Crimson Flower route, sparing even Gilbert and Dedue, in the most merciful version of the story possible.  My stealth army made it easier to avoid casualties and bypass opponents I didn't want to deal with.  The game was still hard, I ran out of Divine Pulses in the Tailtean Plains and had to retreat and redo the fight from scratch.  There is no easy path on maddening-classic difficulty, you still have to play well if you want things to work out.  But in the end I won while accomplishing all my extra objectives.

Utawarerumono had a fantastic first two episodes, as expected of my 13th favorite anime of all time.  You can instantly tell the difference in quality between an Utawarerumono episode and other anime, Bastard!! or whatever.  Watching these episodes put a lump in my throat, I had to fight through intense emotions the whole time.  We waited so long for this season but now it's really paying off.  You can tell a lot of love and effort was put into making this season look great.  Also, the new opening and ending themes by Suara are amazing.  Once their full versions come out I'm definitely adding them to my music hall of fame.

This is only the beginning.  A slew of great series are slated to start airing in the near future, and then Bleach returns in October.  Anime is back.

No comments: