Blog Archive

Friday, July 29, 2022

Kimetsu no Yaiba S2 out in blu-ray:

Though it's too late for me to take advantage of it, I've already rewatched Kimetsu S2, the series is out in 1080p blu-ray now thanks to [Ember] over at nyaa.si.  This is my 9th favorite anime of all time so I'm sure I'll watch it a third time eventually, and when I do this nice pretty blu-ray copy will be my go-to choice.

Also releasing today is Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but I'm too busy with other games to play this one yet.  First I have to beat Fire Emblem: Three Houses with my own personal handicap rule: don't use any magic while still beating the game on maddening classic difficulty.  I've become strong enough that this is totally doable though crazy fun and challenging.  This is a huge contrast from my previous playthrough where half my party were Gremories, the most powerful magic class, and I virtually used nothing but magic.  It's this customizability of play that allows as many re-runs of the game as you like to always feel new and exciting.

After I beat Fire Emblem again Live A Live still awaits me, I've only completed one of the eight routes on offer so far.  Only then can I worry about Xenoblade, though I'm sure it's going to be great fun too.

The new BanG Dream ova, Morfonication is also available for watching.  I wish someone would subtitle the Film Live movie as well as the ova, if one is worthwhile to do why not the other?

Steve Sailer recently endorsed Vanity Fair for reading, so I took up his suggestion and started reading it.  It's really good, just not as good as Fire Emblem.  I'll finish this very long classic once I get some more free time.  Like all old British novels everyone's main problem is money.  They're always in debt and no wonder, they spend like firehoses.  Their standard of living is way beyond mine, always dressing up, gambling, partying, smoking, drinking, etc.  Maybe these Brits wouldn't have so many money problems, or books about money problems, if they learned to economize.

No comments: