Blog Archive

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Kanojo mo Kanojo out in blu-ray:

Another series I just rewatched after giving up on a blu-ray release ever happening has come out in blu-ray.  It's like I'm cursed.  Or maybe I'm blessed.  All I have to do to get the blu-ray of any series I want is to rewatch it first, and then it's sure to come out immediately after.  [Ember] is responsible for this jewel too.  It too can be found at nyaa.si.  And the filesize is smaller than the tv versions despite being blu-ray, that's quite the find.

Meanwhile, I beat Fire Emblem: Three Houses without using any magic.  How do you replace the movement spells, warp and rescue?  You use the stride gambit, the smite combat art, dances, lots of fliers with innately high mobility, whatever it takes.  How do you deal with the enemy's long range magic -- bolting and meteor?  Groom one of your characters to have high magic resistance and then give him or her the Chalice of Beginnings, (or use the Retribution gambit if you don't own the downloadable content).  This lets you counterattack at any range, so you deliberately walk into the range of the enemy casters, wait for them to foolishly attack you for minimal damage due to your high resistance, and then splat them with a powerful counterattack.  Now the road is clear for the rest of your army which doesn't have resistance but now no longer needs any.  I beat the Azure Moon route using only equipment.  It can be done!

Last but not least, the opening and ending themes of Utawarerumono Season 3 by Suara are available for download at nipponsei.  I've been eagerly anticipating the full length versions of these songs for quite some time, and they don't disappoint.  Now I need to listen to them 100 times so that they can qualify for my music hall of fame.

No comments: