Blog Archive

Monday, June 27, 2022

Kiniro Mosaic Thank You:

The Kiniro Mosaic movie, which covers the last couple volumes of the manga, is out over at nyaa.si.  The subtitles are awful but sufficient to understand what's going on.  Hopefully a better version will come out eventually, but I've already waited long enough for this movie.

It's a nice movie because it adapts a nice manga, but the art of the manga is much better than the animation of the movie.  It makes me miss the manga version of these same events.  The same was true of New Game, the art there is so much better than in the anime.

Meanwhile, Da Capo 5 has been announced.  Unfortunately nobody translated Da Capo 4 over in America so whether there's a 5th game or a 20th game, it doesn't much matter over here.  I'm sure it's going to be great, but it may as well be on the far side of Pluto.

Also, a new Love Live! Sunshine! anime has been announced, this time with an isekai premise.  I love the Sunshine cast so of course this news is welcome.  It's due to premiere in 2023.

Also, the Snow visual novel has been translated.  I'm not sure if it's any good and right now I have Summer Pockets but I have heard good things about it so maybe someday I'll check it out. . .

Currently I'm reading the Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu manga, an adaption of the 4th video game of the series.  It has a lot of cute parallels to the Three Houses game but you can tell how much more primitive the characters and setting was back then.  Everything in Three Houses feels real and seamless, but Seisen no Keifu is based on unrealistic tropes like people falling in love at first sight, evil priests trying to revive a dark god just because they're evil, etc.  The game designers of Fire Emblem have come a long way.

No comments: