Blog Archive

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Bastard!! Begins:

After thirty years of waiting, Bastard!! has a proper tv length adaption.  The first cour (out of a planned two) is available all at once thanks to Netflix's marathoning policy.  I don't know how good an adaption it is yet, I haven't watched it, but it's already in my top anime rankings so it had better be good.

Meanwhile, Eromanga Sensei is getting a 13th and final volume this August in Japan.  Another great series receiving a proper ending, at least in light novel form.  I dearly hope this volume is translated like the previous 12 were by devoted fans.  Emily and Sagiri mean a lot to me.

Chihayafuru is also ending in August.  And the new Star Ocean game has been slated to release this October.  Bastard!! was the beginning of a giant wave of important releases.  It's non-stop fun from here on.

I beat the Cindered Wolves side story in hard-classic difficulty, the highest possible.  But I'm still not done with Fire Emblem: Three Houses.  My next goal is to beat Crimson Flower while sparing Flayn and Seteth for a slightly different plot than what I've seen so far.  My new strategy is to funnel all attacks towards Byleth, who has vantage-wrath to defend himself with.  The rest of my army has the stealth ability, they're either assassins or tricksters, so they can attack but they can't be attacked, meaning they don't need any defensive abilities and can penetrate deep into enemy lines.  It's the first time I've tried such a clever strategy and I definitely want to see how well it performs.

No comments: