Blog Archive

Saturday, July 25, 2020

BanG Dream! Film Live:

I considered this an anthology movie and thus skipped over it, but with so much free time I had to resort to it eventually.  It essentially is an anthology movie, I think pretty much every song in the concert (the entire movie is just one long concert) has been featured at some point in the anime already.

But there's an artistry to the presentation that's unique to this film.  Even just the order the songs are played in, or the short intermissions between the songs.  I've seen and heard this all before, but I've also never seen or heard them before in this particular environment.  There was more emotional weight when I could read the lyrics and see them singing their hearts out all on the same small stage.

Ultimately I decided this really is a great addition to an already great anime and added it to the BanG Dream franchise's top anime rankings.

I also added Kizuna Music to my music hall of fame.  This gave Poppin' Party 2 song credits in my hall of fame, so I relegated 765 Pro to the backbench of my music hall of fame to make room.  What can I say, Poppin' Party is too good to ignore any longer.

I also kinda want to add Ring Dong Dance by Pastel Palette.  But I guess I've got enough music on my plate for now.

I'm looking forward to the next Film Live BanG Dream has already promised, as well as the three other plot-based movies they're cooking up.  If this series had stuck to actual animation like in the 1st season instead of CG it would be so good.  Such a shame.  Instead it's stuck near rank #150, as it hardly qualifies as anime at all.  But I guess they didn't have the budget to make animated movies like Love Live! or Wake up, Girls!  So this was better than nothing.

No comments: