Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo dropped:

This story does have a good sense of humor, but when it's mixed in with lies and blackmail I can't countenance it any further.  People should never give in to blackmail.  Any story that starts with the protagonist giving in to blackmail as its premise is worthless -- other than Oreshura because Chiwa is cute.

In addition, people shouldn't lie.  Especially to their friends.  If you find yourself constantly lying to everyone you're doing something wrong, which is the premise of this story -- everyone's lying to everybody at all times.

I don't have any patience for people who find themselves in trouble due to their own bad decisions.  Why should I care what happens to them next?  Why should I sympathize with anyone in the story?  Why should I care what happens to people I don't sympathize with?

"I did all these stupid things and then I was met with misfortune."  Who the heck wants to see that story?

Oh well.  Meanwhile, my 13th re-read of 'In Another World with 100 Waifus' is proceeding nicely.  I've already found lots of worthwhile edits, from improper capitalization to misspellings to renaming children to cutting more usages of the word 'just' to better use of in-character voice.  By the time I'm done who knows how much good I'll have accomplished -- but one thing is clear, this book really did need a 13th read-through because a lot of the errors were unforgivably pointless and obvious.  Even once I'm done a 13th time, I'm still afraid more errors will be lurking, so inevitably I'll have to go over it a 14th time.  Until I can read the entire book and be satisfied that nothing needs changing I can't say the editing is finished.

Nevertheless, all of this only has to do with the presentation of the plot, the plot itself has remained unchanged for a long time now.  I want the story to be as user-friendly as possible, but it's still the exact same story, so anyone who's already read it doesn't have to dive back in.  This is mainly for new readers who haven't tried it even their first time, for myself and for God, who surely would want the best book ever written to not include dumb spelling errors.

I watched Toy Story 4 and it was terrible.  I can't believe people gave it rave reviews, it made a billion dollars and there are calls for sequels.  Ugh.

No comments: