Blog Archive

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Avengers: Endgame is Pretty Good:

The price to stream Avengers: Endgame dropped down to $5 so I finally got to watch it.  It was okay.  I rated it as the 4th best MCU movie, behind Civil War, Iron Man 1 and Infinity War.  For all the hullabaloo surrounding it, though, it underperformed.

I was never actually sad or emotionally moved, except I guess when I felt pity for Thanos when he was ganged up on by so many heroes.  Using time travel and the power of wishes, the heroes had an easy time of it.  How the heck do you fight that?

I found the good parts of the movie weren't particularly the main plotline, but the little character moments, like Tony interacting with his family in his rustic cabin.  Hawkeye teaching his daughter archery.  Or Hulk being totally calm and affable throughout the movie.  We got to see a lot of extra sides to our favorite characters.  The movie left me with a lot of unanswered questions -- what happened to Vision?  Gamorrah?  Loki?  I suspect future tv shows and movies will eventually answer those questions, but for now I'm really befuddled.

Oh well, nothing's perfect.  This was definitely worth $5.  The MCU will keep expanding from here, so here's hoping they make more good movies on level with this one.

Meanwhile, One Pace released its latest episode -- Post-War Episode 1, which condenses three episodes of One Piece material.  I'm happy to have it, but it's kind of odd that they chose to do this episode instead of the Enies Lobby arc they were previously working on.  Oh well, so long as progress keeps being made.

I also downloaded the amazing ending theme to the amazing episode 19 of Kimetsu no Yaiba.  It instantly joined my music hall of fame, titled 'Kamado Tanjirou no Uta.'  Just as Endgame is a must-see movie, this song is a must-hear song.  The song is composed by Go Shiina, who is already one of my favorite composers in my music hall of fame due to his work on Tales of Zestiria, so go figure he made another amazing song.  The best things always come from the same few people.


No comments: