Blog Archive

Monday, February 25, 2019

Ojamajo + Naruto Music:

Ojamajo Doremi may be a sub-par anime, but its music is no joke.  Especially since I no longer have an interest in archiving the anime, I needed to archive the great music from this series more than ever.  As a result, my Maho-Do music that spans across the entire Ojamajo Doremi series has risen from just one song to 9.

While I was at it, I decided my love of Naruto (and Toshiro Masuda, its composer) was irrepressible.  Anything that reminds me nostalgically of Naruto is a great song by definition.  This led to 17 more Toshiro Masuda Naruto themes, from Rock Lee's to Gai's to Kakashi's to whoever's.  I even included all the opening themes for the original season I was in such a giving mood.  Everyone got in.  I just can't get enough of Naruto in my life, so in to the music hall of fame it went.

Between the two my music hall of fame shot up to 5,400 songs, still 12.2 days in length.  Well, more good music is always welcome.  My definition of a great song is one I wish to keep listening to, and by that definition all the new tunes were definitely worthy.

Since most of the music I 'graduated' recently by hitting the 100 mark was from Naruto, this is sort of a replenishment project, so that the total percentage of Naruto songs I'm listening to doesn't change overall.  If too much time passes without hearing a Naruto song I go into withdrawal symptoms so this infusion was necessary for my health.

I was also suffering withdrawal symptoms from my own 'In Another World With 100 Waifus' novel, so I started re-reading it for a 4th time.  I also took the opportunity to continue proofreading the work, finding yet more minor errors in spellings and details, so it counted as work alongside recreation.  It's nice to know reading it for a 4th time could pay off in terms of making what's already my favorite novel even better.

In a welcome surprise, mangakakalot released the newest translated chapters of Hinowa ga Yuku!  Now we don't have to wait until May's commercial release to catch up on this excellent series.  The next volume of Dimension W is slated for a May release so that's a decent replacement.

Chihayafuru season 3 has been delayed until October.  Since it's a 2-cour season, that means it will also spill over into winter of 2020.  That's good news for 2020, which barely has any good anime scheduled for it.  There's already so much good stuff coming this spring it's not like Chihayafuru will be missed, so I actually think this is a good thing.  It spaces out our fun a bit and gives us more to look forward to in the deeper future.

No comments: