Blog Archive

Monday, February 11, 2019

It's Under 9,000!:

Ojamajo # was the best season of the Ojamajo Doremi series.  If I don't like it, I won't like any of it.  Rewatching # has been a huge chore, not fun in the least, which fails my qualification for a 'great' anime.

As a result I had to drop the series from my rankings, along with all 216 episodes it contains.  In its place I put the placeholder movie Akira, which counts as just 1 episode.  That meant my anime rankings suddenly lost 215 episodes, and is now firmly back below 9,000 again -- at 8816.

Well, give it a couple years.  It will rise back up again with additional One Piece episodes, and someday I'll be back over 9,000 again.  Then I can celebrate the moment a third time.  Of course, if One Pace ever manages to release a filler-less, shorter version of One Piece, it might dip back down under 9,000 again, so maybe I'll be celebrating this landmark a 4th or 5th time.  Who knows how wild things will get in the end.

Luckily I've already watched and rewatched Akira before so it qualifies for placement in my rankings, unlike Ojamajo.

It's a good thing I implemented my 'must watch and rewatch' rule or Ojamajo Doremi would've stayed overrated forever.  I have no idea why I liked this series so much the first time around, most of its episodes are total filler garbage.  Bleh.  Well, mistake corrected.

It would be nice if a new great series ever appeared, at which point I could kick Akira back out again, but so far I've seen nothing with any real potential.  All the best minds are just producing sequels of already successful works, there's never anything new that's good enough to compete with what's already come before.  Well, maybe Fairy Gone will manage next season.  It's by the maker of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, so at least it has the right pedigree.

No comments: