Blog Archive

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Lost. . .Broken Shards is a remix:

It took 39 tries but I finally recognized this Xenogears song was a remix of another Xenogears song, "Where the Egg of Dreams Hatches".  I think it's easier to discover Xenogears remixes now that I can attach actual names to the songs.  They stick better in my memory.

In addition, Bedight Orbit is just a bad song, so I cut it too.  That brings the total back down to 5,368.  It's going to be interesting to see whether the new additions of Ares no Tenbin or Granblue Re;link can keep up with my continuous quality and remix cuts throughout the year.  I'd be totally fine with a shrinking collection this year, after my 1,000+ song growth bonanza there's no urgent need for more.

Hopefully I'll graduate some more songs into the 'listened to 100 times' department.  Then there will be a cascading effect where I listen to the remaining songs more frequently, which gets them past the threshold, which lets me listen to the remaining songs even more frequently, etc.  There won't be much of that this year, with the addition of so much new music I'm very far away from 100 playthroughs, but next year that effect should really kick in.

Listening to all my favorite music 100 times is nearly as hard as watching all my favorite anime twice.  I'm working on that project as well.  I gave up waiting for Doremi fansubs to release an HD version of Ojamajo Sharp and am just rewatching it as is.  Once I finish rewatching all of Ojamajo I'll be one step closer to having rewatched all 200 of my ranked series.  On that note, I'm adding Onpu's voice actress, Rumi Shishido, to my great voices list.  She really stands out from the crowd.

The translators of Sakura Trick say they won't translate any more chapters until they receive more donations, so perhaps we won't get to see the ending to this series after all.  Holding the climactic ending of the series ransom is pretty slimy if you ask me, but oh well, I guess everyone's got to make a living.

Just as predicted, the wild card weekend had plenty of upsets.  Both #6 seeds made it to the quarterfinals.  Now I'll keep on predicting that a lot of the teams who had byes this week are going to lose next week as well.  It's going to be pure chaos, and pure fun.

No comments: