Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Good Music 14.0:

My newly renovated Good Music permapost is now up.  The rows are now all neatly aligned again, the albums are all in alphabetical order, etc, etc.

In addition, the soundtrack to Xenogears now has proper song names instead of 'The~1' and the like.  As charming as that was I prefer actual song titles that actually describe the songs.

My new permapost even features a new Xenogears song that wasn't in my hall of fame before, because it had somehow been overlooked.  I didn't even own a copy of the song until now.  'A Prayer for the Joy Man Desires'.  Xenogears has my favorite music ever, so it's tragic that I was missing even one song up until now.  At least the problem is now resolved.

I recently took out an underperforming song, 'Under the Yggdrasil,' so my hall of fame stands at the same 5341 song size.  However, this does count towards my 'added within the year' tally, which now stands at a tantalizing 986 titles.  Just 14 more and I could, unbelievably, have 1,000 new songs added to my hall of fame in a single year.

The only non-fmv times Yuna's beauty is of note is when she's a transformed flower, her thief Dressphere, and her Psychic Dressphere.  I think the fmv's from 10 and 10-2 otherwise capture her perfectly, and I could just watch them on repeat indefinitely.  It's funny how much she stands out compared to the other girls in the same games.  It's not even close.  In fact, she's the most beautiful cg character ever.  Even Rydia and Rosa from FF4's fmv opening can't compete.

I'm looking forward to how Aerith and Tifa will look in the FF 7 Remake, but I don't think they will be any real competition with Yuna either.  It's not like they have heterochroma or wear kimonos.  Even a PS 5 game's graphics couldn't match Yuna's ritual dance.

I'll finally re-pass the 9,000 anime episodes threshold either late this December or early next January.  It's embarrassing that I celebrated passing that limit years ago but after various revisions still haven't actually passed it yet.  If 12 Kingdoms gets knocked out by something new and better, I might end up below the threshold yet again, so maybe I should continue to hold off on celebrating any time soon.

Before I can kick out 12 Kingdoms, though, I need to rewatch Death March (which still hasn't come out in blu-ray), plus both watch in full and rewatch in full whatever upcoming series is deemed worthy to replace 12 Kingdoms, so that's still a ways off.

12 Kingdoms needs to go because it's infected with filler throughout its entire body.  Like a malignant cancer, nothing really works because half of the entire body is cancerous filler.  The sooner I find a replacement the better.  The genuine portions of the story are as excellent as ever, but the anime simply does not do justice to the books.

If there are still 4 unbeaten teams in college football at the end of the season the expansion of the playoff to 4 teams will look very sagacious.  In the previous system either Clemson or Notre Dame would have had to sit out and watch the national championship game despite going unbeaten against power 5 competition.  That would have been one of the greatest injustices in history, but now both teams will properly get their shot at Alabama.  This was a fantastic change for the better -- but it still needs to be expanded to 8 teams, so that Central Florida, which is also unbeaten, can be given its chance too.

How hard is it?  The top rated team from the Group of 5, the 5 Power 5 conference champions, and two at large bids qualify for the 8 team playoffs.  Take one game off the non-conference schedule so that nobody has to play any additional games.  Done.  The first true college football champions.  But at least now we're halfway there.

With a new influx of powerful Magic: The Gathering cards my decks are ready to storm the world once again.  I can't wait to see all my upgraded tricks in action.

No comments: