Blog Archive

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Summer Pockets, Valkyria Chronicles 4 ost:

The Summer Pockets ost came out today as planned.  It's available at nyaa.si.  Unfortunately, what with Jun Maeda dying of a failing heart and all, not enough of the music was by the composers that mattered.  In the end I was only able to harvest 4 songs, 2 by Jun Maeda and 2 by Shinji Orito (3 of them vocals), into my music hall of fame.

That did get my playlist to a nice even 5330 songs, still 12 days in continuous play length.

Then Valkyria Chronicles 4's ost came out on youtube -- or at least a portion of it, which is good enough.  I've been waiting for this moment all year.

Hitoshi Sakimoto loves his drums, especially for the martial songs in this game, but I don't like them very much.  A lot of the songs seemed suspiciously close to being remixes, which also reduced the number of passing grades.  As such, I was only able to collect five songs for my hall of fame.

That gets me to 5335 songs, still 12 days in continuous length.

Now all that's left is Soul Calibur 6 and Inazuma 11: Ares no Tenbin's music.  Who knows, maybe even Mega Man 11's music will be good?  At this rate I might really reach my 1,000 new songs in a single year goal.  If so, I feel like I won't need any additional good music for the rest of my life.  I'm already spoiled as is.

But so long as these amazing Japanese composers keep churning stuff out, far be it from me to stop them.  A lot of them are old and have health issues, so I imagine this level of productivity won't last much longer, but wow has it been a nice year all the same.

So long as the quality is at this level, I wouldn't mind a music hall of fame 10,000 songs strong.

Following the trend of light novel adaption mangas, I'm now reading Shikkaku Mon and I Shall Survive Using Potions mangas.  Since they're just adaptions they don't count towards my great manga hall of fame though.  And since I'm only reading the manga versions they don't count toward my light novel hall of fame either.  Sucks to be them.

No comments: