Blog Archive

Saturday, February 3, 2018

GATE light novels 7-10:

Skythewood is doing great work translating the remaining Gate light novels that the anime didn't cover, books 7-10.  A new chapter of volume 10 came out translated just today.  You can find a link to his products over at novelupdates.

Once volume 10 is complete, the entire original storyline of Gate will have been covered.  It will be time to dive into this series to get the ending we deserved, which really a third season of the anime should have provided but oh well.

The moment I finish Rokka no Yuusha, I'll start reading Gate.  February has so many different treats!

Meanwhile, I dropped Shusaku Uchiyama from my music hall of fame.  I'm biased towards Mega Man music, so I had kept him around, as the composer of Mega Man 8, despite the relatively weak songs.  He's some sort of disco artist from the 1970's.  It's just a bad style of music, and there's no way to put lipstick on a pig.  The songs aren't terrible, they just aren't 'songs that move men's souls.'

Now my music hall of fame is back down to 4459 songs, still 10.1 days in duration.  The whole purpose of listening to every song 100 times is to really prove I like the song before I give it my full blessings.  Shusaku's music only got to 26 run throughs before I got tired of him.  The test worked exactly as intended, and that's why the test is so necessary.

I expect more songs will fall before this is all over, but at the same time I'll also be adding new songs, like from Valkyria Chronicles 4 or Soul Calibur 6, so there's no telling if my hall of fame plans on growing or shrinking overall.

No comments: