Blog Archive

Friday, December 15, 2017

Little Busters! English Edition Finished:

At the very end, I got a dollop of new content from this visual novel.  The Sasami Sasasagewa route was much longer in the visual novel than the anime, and it had tons of cuteness and humor the anime skipped over for the purposes of brevity.  I'm glad I played the visual novel all the way through.  Not just for this route, there were lots of times something funny or romantic happened that the anime decided to skip over.  Still, you have to be a maniacal Key fan to grasp at such slight straws and read this giant tome which you could so easily just watch instead.  Even as a huge fan of the franchise, it ended up taking over a month for me to read.  The anime can be watched in a couple days.

I'm just that sort of fan, so it was time well spent.  My boundless love for Little Busters! will continue from here on by listening to its music in my hall of fame.  (I just added Kanata's and Sasami's themes to that hall of fame after playing through their routes, bringing my hall of fame up to 4379 songs again.)

I'll rewatch the whole anime again someday after the Kud Wafter movie comes out, but for now I've thoroughly canvassed all things LB.

I don't think I'll include Little Busters! in my top ten actually read visual novels rankings, though, because the added value of the visual novel is so minor compared to just watching the anime.  There's still more value added in reading the Shuffle franchise than LB English Edition, so I may as well keep the rankings as is.  Of course, if I go by value added, the order of my top ten visual novels should be different from what they currently are, which is measured solely by quality. . . A dilemma. . .

In any case, my month of 'key' works is over.  :(.  There's nothing like key, so anything I pick up after this is going to be a downgrade.  Sigh.

Next up, it's time to rewatch Kyoukai no Rinne.  The show started in 2015 and went until 2017, so some of it is quite ancient to me even while other parts are quite recent.  All ranked anime must be rewatched, so this is as good a time to dive into Kyoukai as any.

No comments: