Blog Archive

Thursday, October 26, 2017

3 New Cd's:

My previous old cd collection drive wasn't thorough enough.  I found three more cd's of valuable music lying around that I hadn't ripped yet, so now that's been resolved.

The additional music is from Flame of Recca, Parasite Eve and Mononoke Hime.  All three are already represented in my music hall of fame, but this is a chance to cover their soundtracks in full instead of just spottily.  As far as I know, my cd of flame of recca music can't be found anywhere online, so it was vital that I at least had this cd's music imported into my itunes playlist.

Luckily for the world at large, even if you listen to the whole soundtrack, there are no more good Recca songs than before.  Recca's theme and the opening theme are all you need.

Parasite Eve proved more bountiful.  Three new songs, U.B., Consensus, and Main Theme made it to my hall of fame, bumping Yoko Shimomura's total contribution to 93.

Princess Mononoke's soundtrack is almost entirely remixes.  The four songs already in my hall of fame therefore do an admirable job of covering almost everything you'd want to hear from this movie.  However, The World of the Dead is a new worthy song I had missed up until now, so it wasn't entirely fruitless effort.

All in all, I acquired 4 new songs for my hall of fame.  Not a bad day's work.  If my music hall of fame is going to be comprehensive, it's important not to overlook any nook or cranny for possible good music.  This small cleanup operation was just the thing to round my collection out.

Now we just have to wait for Xenoblade 2's arrival.

No comments: