Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei ends:

The final chapter had lots of color panels and was particularly beautiful.  Nothing climactic occurred.  They continued their ordinary lives, getting along, and got married.  Kobeni in her wedding dress was unrecognizable.  Hairstyle and makeup changes a lot.  ^_^.  They lived happily ever after.  This ideal ending is exactly what I wanted and expected from one of the top 100 waifus ever made, and one of the top 100 relationships ever shown in fiction.  My story borrowed from the best.  Now I don't have to worry about the canon source work contradicting my follow-up anymore, everything is aligned because nothing changed in the canon story for years.

I did have to make another edit to '100 Waifus,' sadly meaning my new paperback copy is already out of date.  The Burj Khalifa is spelled with an 'h,' which I hadn't noticed until now.  But at least the spelling is corrected now, and at least the error is so minor it doesn't much matter that I can't correct the paperback version.  At least the digital version of the book is perfect.

I've begun playing Unicorn Overlord and it's perfect.  An amazing, updated Ogre Battle with voice acting, HD graphics, more complicated gameplay, a larger world, etc.  Ogre Battle was already perfect and they found a way to improve upon the formula.  I hope the game stretches on and on because I never want to stop playing.  There are so many different classes and each class gets new skills as they level, plus equipment also can give you new skills, and basically the game is infinitely deep.  I like that my army is getting rather huge but still is composed of named characters who are integral to the plot.  Everyone in the army feels significant despite being a small portion of my battle power.

I finished my rewatch of Sokushi Cheat, thus proving it belongs as a great anime in my rankings.  The humor of everyone dying instantly is great, but the main draw of the story is how sweet and charming Tomochika is and what great outfits she wears.  She really is the star of the show.  The only anime left to rewatch is Sousou no Frieren, but I'm in no hurry.  If you want to be technical I've already rewatched the first 'cour' of Frieren, and that alone would be enough to justify its ranking, so it has earned its place too by now.

March Madness resumes tomorrow, and continues for the next four days, so the crazy busy days of March continue.

No comments: